About Me

My photo
BLOG REVAMP! I am moving to Arizona and starting a new job as a 5th grade teacher in Phoenix with 65% ELL, 95% Hispanic population, and almost 100% living below the poverty line. I hope all are still interested in hearing my wonderings as I begin my career in my own classroom.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

who is ms. allen?

First day of school over and I'm already starting to realize that I have to start answering to Ms. Allen. Our class is boisterous and spunky and fun-loving. The day went fast and I felt almost like I was falling into a rhythm that seemed so familiar. No, I haven't been a teacher before, but from working with big groups of kids all summer I've started to learn the simple tricks of the trade when it comes to teaching. My nerves were unnecessary, or at least should be preserved for a later date when something much more ominous looms ahead of me. It was such a joy to watch their faces as Cheryl did a read-aloud. I took pages of notes just on the first day on all of her management techniques and community-building activities. I was also able to get a great picture of the class that will be sent out in next week's newsletter to the parents! Anne told me that there was a web of a student teacher's life and that we'll go through stages, from nervousness to excitement to being overwhelmed to depression, etc..... Hopefully things will keep going smoothly :)

this is my desk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment