About Me

My photo
BLOG REVAMP! I am moving to Arizona and starting a new job as a 5th grade teacher in Phoenix with 65% ELL, 95% Hispanic population, and almost 100% living below the poverty line. I hope all are still interested in hearing my wonderings as I begin my career in my own classroom.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

First job application!

I applied for Teach For America today. It's a crazy feeling, knowing that I potentially could have a place to go next year! Although I'm definitely not sure if this is what I want to do, or even if I'll get an interview, it's great to get the job hunt process started. The initial application included basic information, a resume, and a letter of intent, among a few other things.

My top 5 region preferences:
Greater New Orleans
Las Vegas Valley
Las Angeles
Mississippi River Delta
Hawaii

There's no rhyme or reason for my region choices, I just want to go somewhere new and somewhere I'll be needed. I'll keep updates posted!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Tina! Teach For America should be a great experience for you- good luck getting into the areas you've specified!

    ReplyDelete